We prayed about it and the answer came to me through the song "I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go." Ashton and I have been thinking about buying a house for about a year now and all of the houses we looked at just never felt right. I have prayed since we decided that we wanted to buy a house that I would find a place where we could live where we could be of most service to the Lord. After praying, I truly feel that New Zealand is where we need to be, even for this short time. It will be an amazing experience as we follow the Lord in faith.
Ashton will be working for this marketing company. And I will hopefully be working with Ian Ferguson, a five time olympic kayaking champion. He now owns a kayaking business where I hope to be employed. We also hope to do a little traveling to Aussie!
We know that this is quite a random things in our lives, but we are excited for the many opportunities that lie ahead. We will be back in May. Before Ashton left for NZ he signed up to work with another summer door to door company. So we will be back for that. And then in the fall I hope to start graduate school (for real) in the fall!
We are excited to go back to the beautiful country of NZ after having been there over last Christmas break. More than seeing the beautiful country we are excited to see the beautiful people. The people of NZ really make that country amazing. They are the most warm, loving, generous people as a whole that I have ever met. We hope to be more like them as we spend time with them.
Here we are in NZ at Whangarei Falls last Christmas Break
We also went to Muriwai Beach and many other beautiful places
4 comments:
That is so amazing! I am so glad you came over tonite and told me. I couldn't be more excited for anyone other than myself. You both will bless the lives of those people. I hope that have a safe Hannukah and Christmas, and New Year's and the safe trip to NZ. We will be sad to see you go and miss Aston's b-day but wow, what an andventure!
Lydia!!!!!!! I cant believe you are moving to NZ, even if it is only for a short time. I just wanted to let you know now that I will be coming to stay with you over my Spring Break. It is in March so get ready for visitors!!! Happy Birthday!
Carrie L.
Wow Lydia! That is so crazy. That will be a great adventure for both of you!
I will certainly miss you when I get out there to Utah-- maybe you'll come back in the summer??
Carrie R.
Ben and I love your Carolina Wrestling sweatshirt, Ashton! Hope y'all are doing well!
Post a Comment