Monday, December 17, 2007

Internet Dr.


Some people talk of TV doctors. Are they accurate? Do they really use terms that doctors use? Some people ask if they are hot enough to be a TV doctor--actually I don't really know, that is just my perception of TV doctors. But what about internet doctors?

So last week I was rather sick with some sort of stomach bug. I am not exactly sure what it was, but the information that I needed could easily be found by typing some symptoms into the world's convenient search engine of Google. Ashton brought up that many people that he had talked to recently have diagnosed themselves over the internet and found viable help with their issues. We both found this rather amusing. Ashton keeps making fun of me about my internet dr. But honestly, what is the point of going to the doctor when you can figure it out yourself? Although, I do think that there are some cases that you should really go see a doctor, especially if the internet doctor tells you to or if symptoms don't clear within a few days. But I'm sure that more people than I actually think, use the internet as a source of cure for those annoying seasonal ailments. And you should be wise about the sources you gather info from, but I found my internet doctor rather accurate and helpful. I just might be using him again in the future. It's a lot cheaper than co-pay!

No comments: