Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Happy Turkey Day

Ashton and I just returned home from a very enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday. Ashton flew straight from New Zealand to meet me in Arizona where there was beautiful warm weather every day. I couldn't have asked for better holiday conditions.


Our time was spent well there with our family and friends who we hold dear, eating lots of yummy pie with the Smiths, watching movies, getting an agua (multiple times), looking at the beautiful Christmas lights at the Mesa temple, hiking to the Fremont Saddle, and one of my favorite parts was running the Mesa Mi Amigo's 10K turkey trot!


At the turkey trot we were humored by a lady holding a sign to represent PETA. The sign simply read "Thanksgiving is killing turkeys." Way to represent at the turkey trot whose winners acquire a dead turkey.

We also had the opportunity to conquer another capitol on out capitol croquet tour! We learned that the actual state house is not even used by the government. It is just a museum!


Also, while we were in AZ, we celebrated our Anniversary by eating that old wedding cake that has been sitting in the bottom of my parents freezer for over a year. I thought that it would be stale and gross, and was surprised to find it moist and yummy! If only all cakes tasted that good!



I feel like this blog wouldn't be complete without mentioning some of the things that I am most grateful for.

  • The gospel and the testimony which I have of it
  • My dear sweet husband
  • All of my family members
  • Temporal blessings (i.e. food, apartment, clothes, etc.)
  • Good friends who are practically family
  • Cuddling up to read a good book
  • Couches--this may seem strange, but we don't have one so when we use one--my what a blessing!
  • A good pair of running shoes--essential for no pain
  • Music to season life
  • Warm weather in the winter
Of course the list could go on and on. I just felt like this blog would be empty and not worthwhile if I didn't express my gratitude for even a few things.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like you guys had an amazing Thanksgiving! I wish I could have been home to see you both. Good to know the wedding cake still tasted ok, Ill have to remember that when I finally meet someone and get married. hahaha Miss you and will talk to you soon!

Carrie L.

Gwynneth said...

I'm happy to see that the pie was worth mentioning! Can't wait to see you again over Christmas.