Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Off to a (good?) start

So the new year has finally arrived. We were invited to spend some time with our dear friends Tim and Tanya to bring in the new year. They made us this amazing dinner and we watched Bourne Ulitmatum and then watched the world famous ball drop.

The next few days of the new year was great. We had a little snowboarding/skiing trip up to Brighton, watched some good football games (and some not so good ones). We helped watch our niece and nephew while Emily had her new baby boy which she finally named Adam Thomas.



And then the accident. We are trying to sell our car so we will only have one when we come back from NZ. We don't need two car payments while we are gone. I went to the store to pick up some things to help pack and on my way out of the parking lot I caused a little accident. What a way to ruin a good start to the new year. Nobody was hurt, which was good. But what terrible timing! Right as we are selling our car. A week before we move to NZ. What a headache!

Luckily, my dear friend Brittany was in town and I got to go hang out with her and talk it all out and then get it off my mind.

Ashton and I have been so blessed to have so many good friends. We will miss so many people while we are away in NZ and then for the summer also, but we know it will be a good experience for us. We hope to make more lasting friendships as time goes on. If anyone wants to talk to us via internet just download skype from skype.com and we can talk for free!

And thanks to Tanya and Jeremy for that amazing Jewish meal they prepared. Well mostly Tanya prepared. We'll be in touch!

2 comments:

Life with the Warrens said...

you guys are so awesome. thanks for the agel!

CJ said...

Wow, that stinks about your car!! I can't believe you guys are out of here so soon. Will you be blogging in NZ? Can't wait to see pictures! I have heard it is gorgeous there! Good luck!!! (And look for us in Provo when you get back :)