Here in NZ people don't really go on hikes, the go on bush walks, which is much like a hike, but not as steep like the ones I'm used to in the great mountains of the West. It's a popular thing to do, especially when it is hot (they think hot is like 78 degress and breezy) because you get to walk in the cool shade of the bush. These walks are all over the place. And I really love them. There are so many different kinds of trees and birds and wildlife. They can go nowhere at all or they can end up at the beach or at the top of an old volcano. Here are some pictures from our most recent bush walk.

This is where we started going into the bush

My mates Jean-Luc, Christophe and I by a kauri tree
Jean-Luc and Christophe being very photogenic

I think I see Tarzan

Or maybe that's him?
2 comments:
sooo cute. glad that you are enjoying your 78 degrees while we are having snow storms. it looks beautiful whether you are on a bush walk or here watching the miracle of tiny snowflakes create mountains of snow. Be safe and keep the pics coming.
Hey Lyd. It sounds like you are having a great time! I cant wait to hear more about your adventures.
Post a Comment