Here is our before pictures. We are in the car all ready to go.
Little did we know what was really in store for us.
We flew from Salt Lake to Los Angeles. We arrived in LA around 6pm their time. Our flight was supposed to leave at 10:30pm, but didn't actually leave until 6am. The airline gave us a voucher to eat dinner and sleep at the Marriott. We ate dinner and then got a few hours rest and then back to the airport. We boarded the plane around 4am and then took off around 6am. It was so awful...for Ashton. I slept the whole time so it wasn't that bad.
We flew to Fiji where it was hot as. I think they said it was around 85 deg. It was hot and muggy and I was wearing a sweater because it was cold in UT. That was a bad idea, but a good idea because it was cold in UT and on the airplane, but in Fiji--bad idea. The airline and held the plane for us so that we could make it here to NZ.

So, after approx 30 hours of traveling, we made it to NZ where a good friend, Phillip, picked us up and brought us to his place and gave us a car to use for the duration of our stay here. We hung out with his family a while and then came up to the Glover's home where we are staying.


Here are the "after " pictures.
We look so worn and exhausted--because we are!
But at least we are still #1 (according to Ashton)!
They have a lovely home and have been so wonderful and kind to us. We have enjoyed playing with their grandkids. (Ashton really needed someone to play with.) We went to the beach yesterday and went fishing and played with the Kayak.
We went running yesterday. It is just so wonderful here. I can see why people love to be outside here.
Needless to say, I wish I were a kiwi. No, not the kind you eat, or not the kind with feathers, but the kind of person that lives in NZ. The one with the "sweet as" attitude, the one that is so warm, the one that is giving, the one that is open and friendly, the one that is kind. And they all have great tans here! I've started to pick up an accent a bit. That is kind of fun. I started my nice tan yesterday. It's all those other attributes that I need to work on most.
We flew to Fiji where it was hot as. I think they said it was around 85 deg. It was hot and muggy and I was wearing a sweater because it was cold in UT. That was a bad idea, but a good idea because it was cold in UT and on the airplane, but in Fiji--bad idea. The airline and held the plane for us so that we could make it here to NZ.
So, after approx 30 hours of traveling, we made it to NZ where a good friend, Phillip, picked us up and brought us to his place and gave us a car to use for the duration of our stay here. We hung out with his family a while and then came up to the Glover's home where we are staying.
Here are the "after " pictures.
We look so worn and exhausted--because we are!
But at least we are still #1 (according to Ashton)!
We went running yesterday. It is just so wonderful here. I can see why people love to be outside here.
Needless to say, I wish I were a kiwi. No, not the kind you eat, or not the kind with feathers, but the kind of person that lives in NZ. The one with the "sweet as" attitude, the one that is so warm, the one that is giving, the one that is open and friendly, the one that is kind. And they all have great tans here! I've started to pick up an accent a bit. That is kind of fun. I started my nice tan yesterday. It's all those other attributes that I need to work on most.
4 comments:
Wow! It is so GREEN there! (Well, I'm not sure if that pic from the plane was Fiji or NZ but that place looks gorgeous!) I'm just kinda a little jealous. :) So, Lydia, are you doing some kind of work there too or do you just get to play and run and work on your tan for 5 months? That would be really sweet. :)
Thanks so much for including my name in your blog. I am just that much more famous now. I like the before and after pictures a lot. I totally thought that Ashton's #1 sign was him pointing up at you-like you planned how you were going to post the picture on the blog ahead of time. Ha Ha.
loved the number One thing. jeremy and i just laughed at how cute and goofy you guys are. well i mean we are the same way. glad you made it there safely and only a little harried. waiting for some pics from mordor!
Wow, what an adventure!!! We are so glad that you made it safely to New Zealand. The pictures of the jungle look so fun to play TARZAN. Oh, Ashton a.k.a. 'Willow' is always #1 on my list!!! Good things!!!!
Jeff
Post a Comment