
Here is a picture from our ultrasound which was forever ago (the end of September).
I was 21 weeks and am now 35. (Sorry for the delay).
I was 21 weeks and am now 35. (Sorry for the delay).
I have been meaning to put this up here for a long time, but obviously school got the best of me. But as many of you can probably tell from the pictures (if you didn't already know), Ashton and I are expecting a little girl on Feb. 9th.
I have had a great pregnancy. I never really got sick. I have ran the whole time, 6 miles everyday (I will probably start cutting back now though). I didn't even start showing until I was about 28 weeks. I have measured small nearly every time. It was been so nice to wear my same clothes for so long! However, I have now had to buy some new clothes. I have been able to continue my schooling and balance life just fine. I am finally getting to the point where I am just tired a lot; 8 hours of sleep never seems to be enough. Being pregnant for me hasn't been that bad. I'm not the type who loves being pregnant, but I'm also not puking my brains out. I am definitely ready to be done being pregnant, although I'm not sure I'm ready to have a baby.
I always complain to Ashton about getting bigger and weighing more and he always makes me feel so good. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband. The other day we measured our stomachs. He was just a half an inch bigger than me still. That was nice to know especially since he is not a big guy at all.
We spent some of our break getting ready for our new addition. Although her room isn't put together, at least it is cleaned out ready to be filled with all baby. We have lots of cute things to put in there within the next month.
We are grateful and excited for our new baby to come. Only 5 more weeks (hopefully) and she'll be here. I told Ashton that she can't come any sooner (I have to finish that thesis) and she can't come on Valentine's day (I don't want to spend the rest of my life celebrating her birthday instead of going on a nice date with Ashton...not that we couldn't go out on another night, but still).
Names? We are going to name her Hallie Moriah. Hallie because I really like that name. Honestly, I remember the first time I heard that name was when I was like 12 and I was watching Oprah and Halle Berry was on and I thought she was one of the most beautiful black women I had ever seen. And Moriah comes from the Bible. It is supposedly the place where Abraham sacrificed his son Isaac, and where Solomon built his temple. It is believed to be the place where the Muslims have built the dome of the rock. We thought it would be a meaningful reminder for our daughter and for us of the Savior and his sacrifices that we might live with our Heavenly Father again.
1 comment:
That is a great name!
Post a Comment