Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas


We had a great Christmas! It was so nice to take a break from school. I was definitely experiencing major burnout. Getting a master's degree is hard work! I am proud to say that I successfully finished all of my classes and I don't ever have to take another one (for this degree at least). My next semester will be finishing up my thesis and then graduation! Although this semester was hard, it was quite rewarding. I will definitely get 2 publications and 3 presentations out of the semester...that is a lot...just trying to fill up that vita.

The break was spent with friends and family here in Utah. Ashton's whole family was here for Christmas. It was great to spend time with them and with our nieces and nephews. And then this past week we have spent relaxing and doing some shopping. We bought our first set of couches. Before, we just had a chair that we would squeeze into and Ashton decided that he had had enough. So, now that we have had a break, it will be go time starting tomorrow...getting back into school is sometimes difficult. I feel like I need just one more week. But I know I can do it, I have to. Graduation for me must happen in April!

1 comment:

CJ said...

Lydia, it is absolutely unreal to me that you are third trimester in that Christmas photo!! You gotta be joking. You crazy girl. That's what I look like at 14 weeks. :) You are in great shape so I am sure your delivery and recovery will be a breeze. Good luck. Can't wait to see photos of baby girl Buswell!