Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Not Tonight Honey--I'm on The RAGNAR

Before Ashton's last leg

On Solana beach

Don't mind Ashton's silly stance, he's running...fast

Ashton ran the RAGNAR this past weekend with his brother Jordan, cousin Erik and 9 other people. The race started up near LA somewhere and ended down on the silver strand in San Diego. I believe it was just over 200 miles and Ashton ran about 14 of them. Hallie and I woke up early Saturday morning to watch him run one of the most beautiful stretches of the race, right along Solana beach. We had a great time cheering him on as well as the many other runners we came across. Another amusing part of the race was the names people chose for their teams—Not tonight honey, I’m on the RAGNAR; A serious case of the runs, etc. Although the first is slightly crude, I couldn’t help but laugh when Ashton told me some of the names. Creative, very creative. 

No comments: