Monday, March 30, 2009

Local Marathon


This was about mile 18. I was running so fast all he could catch was my dust.

Since January I have been training to run the Salt Lake marathon in April...just a few weeks away. After we got back from our ski trip, I decided that I was going to do my 21 mile training run, but it was so nice that day that I just decided to keep running and do a marathon. Ashton will be leaving to go to Baltimore to sell for the summer, before the Salt Lake marathon, so he won't be here to see me run, so I thought I might as well do a local marathon so he can be there to see me do my first. It was such a nice day, so why not just keep running?

Ashton was so supportive. He drove around and found me around mile 12 and brought me water and orange slices. And then I ran past home to use the bathroom and refuel and then he set out with me to run the last 8.5 miles. He bought me flowers and told me how proud he was of me. He always knows how to make me feel so good.

My run ended up being 27.25 miles...I might as well sign up for an ultra! A 50k is not too far away! Thanks Ashton for all of your love and support as I train constantly...as I have been training since the day we got married. Always out running. A day without running is like a day without waking up. I just don't think it's possible. I am especially grateful for your love and support as I spend hours and hours every weekend on the road.

While I am at it, I must also take the time to thank you for your love and support of me while doing my master's program. It is not always easy. There is a lot of time and hard work that goes into my classes and projects and papers. I could not imagine trying to conquer this feat without you by my side.

I love you Ashton! You are the champion of my heart.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Congrats! I cant wait to hear all about the marathon once you finish it. You will do great!

Life with the Warrens said...

go girl!!! keep your head up and your feet moving!