Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Girls Weekend

My friends are really like family. Just a few weekends ago I had the great privilege of tagging along a trip to New England with 2 of my great friends. I have known Bethany since I moved to Arizona in the 5th grade and we all became good friends with Becky in college. And even better, we were all roommates our senior year at BYU.

Becky is attending Yale University in New Haven, CT so Beth and I flew into Hartford and stayed with Beckster in New Haven. We spent one day in Boston. It was beautiful...and a little rainy. We tired ourselves out by walking the freedom trail. That pretty much takes you around all the major sites in Boston. My favorite area is the North End. I imagine that is what Italy is like. It is so romantic--blossoming courtyards, balcony flowers. All the Italian restaurants are on that end of town.

On our way home we stopped in Mystic, CT. My aunt grew up close to there and I remember going there as a small child. Mysitc is one of the first sea ports in America. It's small town feel is charming, and I simply love the New England feel. It is the home of the inspiration for the movie Mystic Pizza. We naturally had to stop and get some pizza. To be honest, I had never heard of that movie, but apparently it is some joke with Bethany's sister. It was quite yummy none the less.

We spent Sunday in New Haven exploring Yale and it's fine old buildings. We saw what Mark Twain considered the most beautiful street in America. It was beautiful, but I don't know about the most beautiful.

The next two days were spent in the bustling city of New York. I love New York. I love the lights, the energy, the diversity. I have been to New York many times before and I have never seen the Statue of Liberty, so we took some time to see that. As well as the statue of Balto beautifully displayed among Central Park's many statues. We peeked around the fences to ground zero, checked out times square, all down 5th ave, the met, macy's, the empire state building, the temple.

It was great just to be with my friends. It is good talking on the phone, but there is nothing like hanging out in real life, the late night pillow talks, all the good stuff of life. Thanks to my wonderful husband, who lets me visit my friends!

So I took pictures while on the trip, but not that many because I figured I could just get them from my friends, which I did. Besides, Ashton is our picture taker...without him, I'm hopeless. And since he wasn't there, I was hopeless.


2 comments:

Life with the Warrens said...

holy cow what a trip. i can't compete with that but i am flying to seattle this august for some R&R with my befri. i can't wait. i have never even done anything or seen seattle before! glad you have an awesome hubby to let you fly away for fun times with girls!

*C said...

I think your pictures are great! It looks like you really had a fun trip! I'll have to get some pointers from you about traveling around NY for when I go there at the end of the month!! You seem to know your way around pretty well. :)

Glad you could have a fun trip before getting your teeth pulled!! :)