The day after I returned from Connecticut, I finally got them out. The pain wasn't that bad. What I hated and still and suffering from, is lack of real food. Jello, pudding and applesauce is not sustainable. But it is so hard to eat. It takes me nearly an hour to eat half a sandwich. I can't really open my mouth that wide and food always gets stuck in my stitches. It's killing me! I was lucky to not really have any major swelling or bruises. I just have a poor lisp from slightly swollen cheeks and a major appetite.
This was my life for 3 days. The pain killers totally knocked me out after like 10 minutes of taking them. I would start reading and then get all dizzy, close my eyes, and be out for the next 3 hours. I would set my alarm every 30 minutes to change my ice pack to the other side. That is the only thing I would get up for.I stopped taking my pain killers yesterday so I would be awake enough to go running. And I haven't really needed them since. It hurts after I attempt eating real food, but I just tough it out. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be back to normalcy.
1 comment:
hahahaha oh the memories. it will/did pass faster than expected!
Post a Comment