Thursday, February 7, 2008

'Otai


I have made a first attempt at recreating the Tongan drink, 'otai. I must say that I think it turned out rather "yum" as the kiwis say. I have asked so many people how to make it and there is no set recipe really. They always tell me to "throw it all in--fruit, ice cream, milk, whatever and then just mix it. Just mix, mix, mix." So that is what I did. Our 'otai had some coconut milk, ice cream, grated coconut, mangoes and peaches, mango nectar, and some other tropical-type juice. I think that most people put coconut and then some type of fruit. I've mostly seen mango and watermelon. Ashton and I are sure this drink will be in heaven. He also thinks buttered chicken will be, but I prefer Thai to Indian so we'll see.

2 comments:

CJ said...

Ok, that seriously sounds SOOOOOOO good!!

Carrie said...

Have I mentioned I heart your blog!! hahaha The drink sounds amazing.