Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Everyone and Their Dog

The other night...literally the other night, (So many times I always say "the other night" to start a story and then I correct myself, "Well, it was really a few weeks ago," or "Well, last month." But this time it really was the other day. Two days ago to be exact.) Ashton took me on a really nice date. We live about 10 minutes from the beach and we made a picnic dinner together and then drove down to the beach. We ate and watched all the people out. There were heaps of families out at the beach. It was low tide and so the beach was huge. And not only were the families out, but everyone had brought their dog(s). I swear there just may have been more dogs than people on the beach. It was so enjoyable to watch people spending good quality time together as families and friends and domestic animals.

After our nice dinner, we played a round of mini-beach-golf. We had a golf club and two balls and we would pick random spots on the beach and have to hit the ball to those spots. It was so much fun. A few times, we had some animal interference and had to retrieve our balls, but other than that the game was "smooth sailing".

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Sounds like an amazing night! I bet it was nice just to spend time together on the beach and people watch.

CJ said...

Oh to live near the beach.

You guys are so cute. I love the picture of you swinging the club together.

Bethany said...

I love how your explanation of "the other night" takes up such a huge chunk of this post.