Sunday, February 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Ashton!



Last Thursday was Ashton's 26th Birthday! We didn't do a whole ton to celebrate, but we did have the wonderful opportunity of going to the temple down in Hamilton. It is about a 2 hour drive which is so different from our 10 minutes in Provo. Going to the temple as often as we did is something that we really miss. We wish that we lived closer. Regardless, we had a wonderful drive and a beautiful experience in the temple. What a great way also to remember our beloved prophet who recently passed away. As we watched the funeral yesterday, we were instilled with a greater determination to be more like Pres. Hinckley and more like the Savior himself. How grateful we are for prophets on the earth today--especially with inspired vision to build more temples.

We are living with a couple who was baptized only 1 month and a half ago and we have had many discussions with them about the importance and beauty of the temple. We are excited to go with them to do some baptisms and even more excited for them to take their endowment at the end of the year! How glorious to all be in the temple together!

I also thought that I would just take a few minutes to say how much I love my husband. I don't necessarily do that publicly very often, but I think now is as good a time as ever. He is such a good man with such pure intentions. He is a hard worker and one who loves the Lord and his priesthood. He is strong, but gentle. He is serious, but funny. He is smart and kind. We love to just be together doing anything. I am so grateful that he is such a good man and one who always strives to do his best and never settle for mediocrity. I hope every girl has a man or finds a man as good as him! Happy Birthday Ashton. I love you heaps as!

3 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Ashton! Hope that you had a great day!

Carrie said...

Happy birthday to Ashton (and me!)!! lol

Mike Richards said...

Happy birthday buddy! I'd agree with your wife you are a good man and a stud muffin. I love hearing about New Zealand and seeing pictures. Way to go Lydia.