Hallie loves Christmas time. We watched the Polar Express and waited for Santa to come every night. Hallie would tell me we were going to leave cookies for Santa and sometimes even pancakes. We were going to leave him milk to drink and carrots for his Reindeer. Christmas morning she came downstairs and saw her little kitchen and didn't even want to open any other presents. When I tried to get her to open some, she simply said, "no thanks." I took the opportunity to be grateful she was satisfied with what she had and even still doesn't care about getting more. An example for me in my life.
We stayed in our own home Christmas morning, the first time ever. It was nice to start our own traditions. We decided that going to the beach for a Christmas eve picnic would be a great one to start. At least while we are here in CA. It might have to be adapted if we ever move. We made cookies, wrote a note to Santa, watched some Christmas movies. We delivered caramel popcorn and candied nuts that made our home smell really really really yummy while they were in the oven. (I think I had to double how much I made because I ate so much there wasn't going to be enough to give away.)And most of all, we really enjoyed our time together.
The day after Christmas we went to UT to be with Ashton's family. We had a great time with all of them and tried to have as much one-on-one time with each family/person as possible. We had a great time New Year's Eve with Allison, Marc and Cache. Cache and Hallie are so cute together. It's really too bad we don't live closer to each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment