We played eight games and tied 4-4. In Kansas we played with Ashton's best friend, Dustin. It was great to have an extra player.
We also stopped at Carthage jail and Nauvoo. It was our great pleasure to be able to attend the Nauvoo temple and be reminded of the dedication the saints of the earlier time had to the Church. The spirit in both Carthage and Nauvoo confirmed our testimonies of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
When we first got married I worked a little for Ashton's Uncle Blair who sculpts the busts for the pro football hall of fame. He has also been commissioned to do a wagon train for a bank in Nebraska. I helped to make molds of his sculptures and so we went and took a look at the final product.
We had a great trip back. It was wonderful to be able to spend so much time together after being apart for so long.
2 comments:
Hey, this is Aston's cousin April from the Lyman side.
I can't believe you guys came to Denver and I didn't get as much as a phone call!! Reed and I would have play croquet with you guys. (I guess that just goes to show the lack of communication between Lyman cousins.) :(
Our blog is www.larsensinlakewood.blogspot.com
and my email is aprilllarsen@gmail.com
Next time you guys are in Denver we can provide free room and board! We would love to see you two.
Sounds like you guys had a great trip back to Utah. I am glad you were able to add more games to your state capital tour! Thanks for finally updating your blog! ;)
Post a Comment