
I found out today that I have officially been accepted into a masters degree program. This time to BYU in their Family Recreation Program. And Ashton is much happier this time than the time before. Last time I was accepted, Ashton and I were just dating and I was on the brink of graduating. I planned on moving back to the blessed state of Arizona where everything is brown and beautiful to do graduate school. We made a small trip to AZ so Ashton could meet my family. When we got there, a letter of acceptance was on my bed awaiting my arrival. When I opened it, I was so excited. Ashton on the other hand was not so excited. He was just like, "Oh, that's cool Lyd." I think he must have had other plans for me beyond my knowledge--like to get married or something. He did always say that we had a lot of potential for the "M word." A month or so later he made these intentions known to me and needless to say I married the man of my dreams still yearning to go to graduate school. From then until now I have filled my time with jobs I never thought I would ever have which left me still wishing I was back in school listening and learning. I hate working. I love school. I really liked school while I was in it, and love it now that I'm done. (But by the end of my senior year I was definitely ready to be done and do something else so these 2 years have been a nice little break.) And now, two years later, it is my turn to go back! BYU here I come! I hope this post will remind me of how much I liked school before I went back when I am in the grind.
6 comments:
No way, Lydia! I was also just accepted to grad school...for the second time! My first acceptance was delayed by a mission rather than marriage, but we are living seriously parallel lives. See you at BYU in the fall?
Congrats Lyd!!! I am very proud of you and I know you will do great!
yea! way to go lydia. i am so proud of you. i wish that i would still be living here to take care of you. wait you have ashton to do that! but what will i do without you guys. certain days just won't be the same without you. i know! i will fly you out for those days!
Congratulations! Can't wait to run into you on campus!
Congrats Lydia!!! How long is the program. It is so nice to have a break from school, but I couldn't wait to go back for my masters either. I love school. I don't graduate until June and I am already begging Alex to apply to a 9 month photography program. Good luck!
Congratulations! I don't know you but I went to high school with Buz. I am still counting the days when I'll be able to go back and finish things up. Maybe we'll see eachother on campus some day. Feel free to check out our fam at www.nathanstaceystarley.blogspot.com. Stace
Post a Comment