Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hallie is ONE

She also loves to brush her teeth and yours

I can’t believe that our little girl is finally 1 year old and has been for over a month now! She is such a treasure. She has finally started walking, which I love…no more nasty hands after going to the park. She loved to kiss her stuffed animals, unzip zippers, bark with the doggies, rub her hands together when you put lotion on. She can fold her arms during prayers, and loves to help do the dishes. She always gets out her spoons and tries to fit them all in one hand. And she LOVES her cousin KC. They just laugh and play so well together. They are so cute. She is starting to understand so much now. And she is very good at shaking her head “yes” and “no.” Luckily she says “yes” much more than “no.”
Hallie eating her monkey cake
Just can't fit enough in the mouth
So I decided to make this monkey cake for her birthday. My family was coming into town and so I made the cake a day ahead. It was sitting on the counter and she saw it and started pointing at it and going “mmmm” like she does when she wants something. I figured that I had to cut the top off the cake anyway to make it flat so I could decorate it. What would be the harm in letting her eat it? I put her on the counter and she went to town. Both cheeks were stuffed and she had more in her hand ready for consumption. We love our little monkey and can’t believe how fast the time has gone. Sometimes I wish I could just freeze time and enjoy this stage forever. 

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Such a cute cake, you did a great job. Happy Birthday Hallie!

Life with the Warrens said...

you have a one year old!!!!! oh my goodness what cutie pie too!