Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pounding the Pavement



So Ashton finally let me go running for the first time last week since having Hallie. He wouldn't let me go until 4 weeks and was nice enough to let me go one day early because the weather was so beautiful. It was so nice to get back to running. My first day back outside, and all this week, I have ran 3 miles every day. I'm not going to lie, it was hard those first two days back out. I never thought it would be so hard to run 3 miles. I used to be able to run 18 with ease. Oh the good ol' days. I told Ashton that 3 miles used to be a warm-up and now it's a workout. His reply, "So you are human." Hopefully my superhuman powers will kick back in soon.

5 comments:

Chad Olsen said...

Wow, you are superwoman! I ran the Rex Lee Run this past Saturday...my very first 5K and was so proud of myself...but 18 miles, WOW! I really need to hear how you do it!? :) I hope you are doing well and would love to come visit you along with Jessica sometime soon! :)

Natalie said...

Sorry! The above comment was from me! I didn't realize my husband was signed in on our blog...my bad! ;)

Mary Ann said...

Way to get back out there. You have inspired me to increase my milaege.

Bethany said...

Haha! I love the comment about you being human. I've often wondered myself. :)

Bethany said...

Haha! I love the comment about you being human. I've often wondered myself. :)