Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Well Documented Life


Ashton and I cannot get enough of our little girl. We are so happy to have her around, even if she takes all our energy. Ashton loves to take pictures of her. It is really quite sweet how much he loves her. And it is really quite sweet how much he loves me. He is willing and ready to help at any time. I am so grateful for such a great man who is a good husband and father.

Just a few little things about our little girl:

She loves to have her hands up by her face. And the second your wrap her up she starts fighting to get her hands out. If she's really tired she gives up easily, but if she is still kind of awake she fights it hard core.

She makes the funniest little faces and we love how she has no control over her limbs. They often just randomly fly up above her head in what Ashton calls the "victory" pose (one hand up) or the "champion" pose (2 hands up). This is slightly funny because the other day Ashton got really excited about something that was good at work and he threw his hand up in victory himself.

We can't wait for her to really smile at us!

7 comments:

The Bradys said...

Congratulations, Lydia! I think Hallie looks a lot like you. There's nothing quite like motherhood - it can be exhausting at times, but so much more rewarding! Enjoy her while she's little. . .they grow up too quickly!

-Deborah

Crystal Lyman said...

Super cute!! I'm so happy for you both. I can't wait to meet her!

Mary Ann said...

Thank you for sharing photos I have been thinking of you guys.

April said...

We are so happy for you guys. She is beautiful and I loved reading the birth story, you did such a great job Lydia!
I love husbands that are so helpful (not that I expected anything less from Ashton- he has always been a great guy!); my husband always did so much after each baby was born, that I never felt too overwhelmed.
I hope things continue to go well!

Bethany said...

Love the pictures! Especially the victory pose.

Tim and Heidi said...

What a doll!

Erik Isakson said...

Congrats guys! That is so awesome. She's beautiful! As a "veteran dad" of 7 months, I can say you're going to love every little development & change in her personality & growth. Can't wait to meet her. Take care guys & let us know if you ever come for a SoCal vacation

Cousin Erik