Wednesday, September 19, 2007

One year down, forever to go




Ashton and I have made it 1 whole year! Sometimes it seems like forever already and other times it seems like just yesterday we knelt across that altar and said "yes" to time and eternity. To celebrate this momentous occasion, Ashton took me to the Armstrong Mansion. It just so happens to be one of the oldest homes in Salt Lake that they have turned into a bed and breakfast. Our room was awesome! It had a spiral staircase that went up into the highest point of the house where a jetted tub sat calling our name! He also took me on a sunset dinner cruise on The Great Salt Lake.
Who would have ever thought that the Salt Lake would be a great spot for a dinner cruise? Not I. I usually think of the Salt Lake as nasty and salty and a place where you can't really do anything. But, there is a dinner cruise service that wasn't all that bad. The food was alright, the service ok, the sunset spectacular. Honestly, it was one of the prettiest sunsets I have ever seen.
We both feel blessed to be married to each other. The old folks say that we don't even really know what love is, but I think we do and it grows more and more everyday. What a wonderful year it has been. We have been able to do many neat things and feel blessed for all of our opportunities.

3 comments:

Scott, Aimee, & Emily said...

Hey Lydia! I find your blog through the Rhineharts! It really is a small world!!! Did you live in the dorms with her too? Congrats on the one year mark!!!! - Aimee (Porrazzo) Roberts A Richards 100 lol

CJ said...

The great Salt Lake for a cruise, eh?
I'll have to remember that. Who'da thunk?

Congrats on 1 year! I love the anniversary pictures, you guys look really cute and happy. And seriously, I can't believe how much travelling you guys have been able to do in just one year. That's so fun.

I see you know Aimee! I have known her since I was 17 and lived in Louisiana, and she was also my roommate for a while at BYU. Crazy!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Lydia
I love your blog. How great to see all your pictures. It sounds like you guys are having the time of your life! That is awesome. I'm jealous you got to visit the old stomping grounds...some great memories there (I still laugh at the braille on missionary tags!!) When we were decorating the nursery I had to throw a monkey at the ceiling fan, just for fun!
Love you tons!
Kim